For the past few years I have been using TOAD for Oracle and researched a bit on alternative tools to switch to. Having used TOAD for long, got used to it and any tool I looked at naturally tried to compare if it can do the developer job that TOAD can do.
I liked the free SQL Developer from Oracle as a good alternative. It doesn't take long to know what and how to do our tasks using this tool. So far didn't find any problem using it.
The only difference I found so far is to refresh a materialized view graphically. In TOAD, we can right click the materialized view (development, of course) and click refresh. However, in SQL Developer I'm yet to find how this could be done. For now, I'm using the DBMS package to refresh the view and here's how I do it:
EXECUTE dbms_mview.refresh('myMateralizedViewName');
If I come across any more or find improvements, will update here.
Love coding!
Updates:
03/25/2008 - Found out this tool takes a little excessive memory and crashes when exporting large datasets.
Azure Service Fabric 6.5 Refresh Release
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment