Friday, August 17, 2007

Window Restore down goes hidden?

Ok, this might seem simple. But did happen and was wondering for a second how to bring the window back to visible area?

When I opened an app and the app was not maximized but in restore down mode. It opened far too left (I use dual monitors) that I didn’t see the window. Wondered for a second how to bring window back to center. Here is simple tip for that…

Use Alt + Tab to highlight the app/window

Use Alt + Space to get system menu

Click Move

Use Right or Left Arrow

You get your window back to visible area J

Love coding!

3 comments:

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

You totally saved me! Thanks! I was working on a PowerPoint at work on multiple monitors. Brought it home on different monitor setup, tried to restore down to move it to the other monitor and it disappeared. I Googled and found your tip here. Thanks!

Who would have thought you'd help someone a year after your post! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much you saved my day.

Anonymous said...

2 years later and you are still saving people
Thanks for the solution